One of the smaller features added into Configuration Manager Technical Preview 1802 was the ability to leverage boundary groups to help manage delivery optimization in Configuration Manager.
To do this is simple:
- In the Configuration Manager console, go to the Administration workspace.
- Browse to Client Settings
- Either create new custom client device settings or amend an existing settings policy
- Select the Delivery Optimization setting
- Now you simply toggle the setting to be Yes or No depending on your preference for these client settings.
You may of course wish to explicitly decline this setting for some reason so you would define the setting as No.
This is part of a much larger piece of work by the product group to incorporate and expand the functionality of P2P type technology into Configuration Manager including Branch Cache and Peer Cache. I know a lot of these changes were also influence by the IT community and in particular a big shout out to the chaps at 2Pint software who specialise in this.
If you want to read about the bigger picture then visit this link – https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/update/waas-delivery-optimization
That’s it for this post, but watch out for future posts on this technology which is ever growing popularity with Configuration Manager enthusiasts.